Legal Help Do You Need Legal Help?
Professional Are You a Legal Aid Professional?
Attorney Are You an Attorney Who Can Help?
Severe storms and flooding devastated areas in Wyoming from May 24, 2015 to June 6, 2015. There was a disaster declaration on July 7, 2015.
Individual and Household Assistance is available to those in Johnson and Niobrara Counties.
Note: THE FEMA APPLICATION DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 6, 2015. Apply to FEMA to trigger the SBA Disaster loan process. THE SBA APPLICATION DEADLINE IS ALSO SEPTEMBER 6, 2015.
Key resources for those affected by the flooding:
Wyoming Disaster Relief Hotline: 877-432-9955
- SBA Disaster Loans are available for those who qualify.
- Free legal assistance available to storm survivors through a partnership between the Wyoming State Bar and its Young Lawyers Section, Legal Aid of Wyoming Inc., Equal Justice Wyoming, the American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, and the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Please see the press release for more information.
- Information to assist disaster survivors with general legal issues can be found by contacting Legal Aid of Wyoming, Inc. or Equal Justice Wyoming or calling the state legal disaster hotline 877-432-9955.
- Wyoming Severe Storms and Flooding (DR-4227)
- Look here for assistance from the nonprofit United Policyholders about Insurance Claims and recovery in Wyoming.
- Disaster Unemployment Benefits are available, even for self employed individuals. The DEADLINE for Johnson and Niobrara Counties is August 10, 2015
- Tax Relief for Victims of Severe Storms and Flooding in Wyoming
- FEMA Disaster Recovery Center Locator
- American Red Cross Shelter Locator
- Wyoming's Office of the Governor
- Wyoming's Department of Homeland Security gives further information about this disaster and state programs available.
- FEMA Disaster Reporter: view pictures of the disaster either in a list view or off a zoomable street level map.
Residents and businesses affected by the May/June flooding can apply for government disaster relief benefits online at http://www.disasterassistance.gov.
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY TO FEMA IS SEPTEMBER 7, 2015. YOU MUST PUT IN YOUR SBA APPLICATION BY SEPTEMBER 7, 2015 ALSO TO RECEIVE ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE.
Individuals, including those who use 711 relay or VRS, can call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) while those who use TTY can call 1-800-462-7585. The toll-free telephone numbers will operate from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. EDT seven days a week until further notice.
- If you need to appeal a FEMA denial on your own, please see here to get an interactive form to appeal and letter requesting a copy of your file.
- You can also find resources on this site under For People Who Need Help.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest on the News page.
Other helpful resources to help address legal needs resulting from this disaster:
- Help After a Disaster: FEMA's Guide for the Individual Applicant