Legal Help Do You Need Legal Help?
Professional Are You a Legal Aid Professional?
Attorney Are You an Attorney Who Can Help?
Pro Bono Opportunities Guide
Franklin County Legal Services
To Volunteer, Contact:
336 Lincoln Way EastSuite BChambersburg, PA 17201
- Phone: 717-262-2326
- Fax: 717-262-2360
- Website: http://www.fcls.net
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Franklin County Legal Services is a nonprofit agency which was founded in 2002. Our mission is to provide access to legal representation, advice, and education to low-income individuals with civil legal problems.
Additional Information on County Volunteer Opportunities:
- Volunteer Opprotunities are available in Franklin and Fulton counties.
- For immigration matters for clients residing in (or resided in prior to their immigration detention) the counties of Adams, Cumberland, Perry, Juniata, and Huntingdon.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Adams, Cumberland, Franklin, Fulton, Huntingdon, Juniata, Perry
- Area of law: Civil Rights, Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Disaster and Crisis Assistance, Education, Elder Law, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Health, HIV/AIDS, Homeless, Housing, Immigration & Naturalization, Life Planning, Prisoners, Public Benefits, Taxes, Veterans
- Populations Served: Asylum Seekers, Children, Communities of Color, Detained individuals, Domestic Violence Victims, Elderly, Farm workers, General Public, HIV, Human Trafficking Survivors, Immigrant youth and unaccompanied minors, Immigrants, Individuals who are not in legal immigration status, Individuals with criminal histories, Juveniles, Lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender, Low Income, Military/Veterans, Native Americans, Persons with Disabilities, State Residents, Torture survivors, Women, Working poor and unemployed
- Opportunities For: Interpreters, Law school clinic, Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Mentors/consultants, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers, Small and medium law firm attorneys
- Need for non-English services: Haitian Creole, Signers for the deaf: ASL, Signers for the deaf: CDI, Spanish
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: Yes
- CLE pro bono comments: Beginning in 2019, attorneys may receive one (1) CLE credit hour for every five (5) hours of pro bono service completed through Accredited Pro Bono CLE Providers. A maximum of three hours may be applied per compliance period.
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Alternative dispute resolution (ADR), Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Client intake and screening, Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Legal Research, Legislative or policy advocacy, Litigation: Appellate, Litigation: Class actions, Litigation: Impact, Litigation: Support (e.g., discovery), Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation, Mentor volunteer lawyers or law students, Prepare legal education materials, Transactional work, Translate legal documents
- Long Distance Opportunities: Conduct Research, Draft or Translate Legal Documents, Form/document review, Mentor Volunteer Lawyers, Policy assistance, Provide brief advice, Virtual/remote clinics
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: Yes