Legal Help Do You Need Legal Help?
Professional Are You a Legal Aid Professional?
Attorney Are You an Attorney Who Can Help?
Pro Bono Opportunities Guide
Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County
To Volunteer, Contact:
13327 Van Nuys Blvd.Pacoima 91331
- Phone: 818-492-5227
- Email: email@example.com
NLSLA advises and assists individuals with problems with FEMA, unemployment, welfare, food stamps, medical insurance, landlord-tenant problems, mobile home issues, and other civil legal needs.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: California
- Area of law: Civil Rights, Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Disaster and Crisis Assistance, Education, Elder Law, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Health, Homeless, Housing, Immigration & Naturalization, Public Benefits, Taxes, Veterans
- Opportunities For: Interpreters, Law school clinic, Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Mentors/consultants, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers, Small and medium law firm attorneys
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Evenings, Flexible, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, Weekends
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Client intake and screening, Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Hotline staffing, Legal Research, Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation, Mentor volunteer lawyers or law students, Prepare legal education materials, Transactional work, Translate legal documents
- Long Distance Opportunities: Conduct Research, Draft or Translate Legal Documents, Mentor Volunteer Lawyers
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: Yes