Legal Help Do You Need Legal Help?
Professional Are You a Legal Aid Professional?
Attorney Are You an Attorney Who Can Help?
Pro Bono Opportunities Guide
ABA Free Legal Answers - Connecticut (Free Online Brief Legal Advice & Counsel)
To Volunteer, Contact:
Join by Going to the Websitehttps://ct.freelegalanswers.org/
Online WebsiteStatewide, CT Statewide
- Phone: n/c
- Website: https://ct.freelegalanswers.org/
Free Legal Answers is a virtual legal advice clinic. Qualifying users post their civil legal question to their state's website. Lawyers provide information and basic legal advice without any expectation of long-term representation. The most common questions posted include family and children, housing and homelessness, consumer financial questions, and health and disability. The purpose of the website is to increase access to advice and information about non-criminal legal matters to those who cannot afford it. There is no fee for the use of the system or for the advice and information provided by the lawyer.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Connecticut
- Area of law: Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Disaster and Crisis Assistance, Education, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Health, Homeless, Housing, Public Benefits
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No