Legal Help Do You Need Legal Help?
Professional Are You a Legal Aid Professional?
Attorney Are You an Attorney Who Can Help?
Pro Bono Opportunities Guide
Legal Services NYC - Brooklyn Legal Services
105 Court Street3rd FloorBrooklyn, NY 11201
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 718-237-5500
- Website: http://www.legalservicesnyc.org/get-involved/pro-bono
Brooklyn Legal Services is part of Legal Services NYC (LSNYC) fights poverty and seeks justice for low-income New Yorkers. For more than 40 years, we have challenged systemic injustice and helped clients meet basic needs for housing, access to high-quality education, health care, family stability, and income and economic security. LSNYC is the largest civil legal services provider in the country, with deep roots in all of the communities we serve. Our neighborhood-based offices and outreach sites across all five boroughs help more than 70,000 New Yorkers annually. LSNYC leverages its limited resources with a range of pro bono partnerships across all of our practice areas. To volunteer, please use this form: http://www.probono.net/ny/lsnycvolunteerapp
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: All NYC, Kings (Brooklyn)
- Area of law: Consumer, Disability, Disaster and Crisis Assistance, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Health, Housing, Immigration & Naturalization, Life Planning, Public Benefits, Taxes, Foreclosure Prevention
- Populations Served: Low Income
- Opportunities For: Lawyers
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- CLE credit for pro bono: Yes
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Litigation: Impact, Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: Yes