Legal Help Do You Need Legal Help?
Professional Are You a Legal Aid Professional?
Attorney Are You an Attorney Who Can Help?
Pro Bono Opportunities Guide
Legal Services NYC - Bronx Legal Services
To Volunteer, Contact:
Jill Siegel(718) 928-3700
349 East 149th St.10th FloorBronx, NY 10451
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: (718) 928-3700
- Website: http://www.bronx.legalservicesnyc.org/index.jsp;jsessionid=11jovyyztg7ex1tsd5m4zfgp2y
Bronx Legal Services is part of Legal Services NYC (LSNYC) fights poverty and seeks justice for low-income New Yorkers. For more than 40 years, we have challenged systemic injustice and helped clients meet basic needs for housing, access to high-quality education, health care, family stability, and income and economic security. LSNYC is the largest civil legal services provider in the country, with deep roots in all of the communities we serve. Our neighborhood-based offices and outreach sites across all five boroughs help more than 70,000 New Yorkers annually. LSNYC leverages its limited resources with a range of pro bono partnerships across all of our practice areas.
If you are an attorney, you can help us by taking on a case or co-counseling with us on a pro bono basis, or if you are a law student or other person who would like to volunteer, please complete this form: http://www.probono.net/ny/lsnycvolunteerapp
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: All NYC, Bronx
- Area of law: Consumer, Disability, Disaster and Crisis Assistance, Education, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Housing, Immigration & Naturalization, Life Planning, Public Benefits, Taxes
- Populations Served: Communities of Color, Domestic Violence Victims, Elderly, General Public, Immigrants, Low Income, Persons with Disabilities, Women
- Opportunities For: Interpreters, Lawyers, Senior Lawyers
- Need for non-English services: Spanish
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Evenings, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- CLE credit for pro bono: Yes
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: Yes