Legal Help Do You Need Legal Help?
Professional Are You a Legal Aid Professional?
Attorney Are You an Attorney Who Can Help?
Pro Bono Opportunities Guide
ABA Military Pro Bono Project
To Volunteer, Contact:
Rachael Derham(312) 988-5728
321 N. Clark St.Chicago, IL 60654
- Phone: 312-988-5783
- Fax: 312-932-6433
- Website: http://www.americanbar.org/portals/public_resources/aba_home_front/Military_Pro_Bono/aba-veterans-claims-and-assistance-network.html
- Email: email@example.com
The ABA Military Pro Bono Project accepts case referrals from military legal assistance attorneys (JAGs) anywhere in the world on behalf of junior enlisted military members facing civil legal issues that require services beyond what military legal assistance offices can provide. The Project then places these cases with attorneys who offer pro bono help where the legal assistance is needed in the United States. These cases involve a variety of legal areas, such as family law, creditor and consumer issues, foreclosure prevention, landlord-tenant disputes, and others.
The Project also includes Operation Stand-By, through which civilian attorneys may volunteer to offer lawyer-to-lawyer consultations to JAGs in need of guidance.
Attorneys may register on www.MilitaryProBono.org to get involved with the following:
• Pro Bono Legal Representation: Attorneys interested in providing pro bono legal assistance to military members may register to receive email notices of pro bono legal case opportunities from the Project when cases arise in the attorneys’ geographic areas and substantive legal areas of expertise.
• Operation Stand-By: Attorneys joining Operation Stand-By may periodically receive short calls or emails from military attorneys in need of attorney-to-attorney guidance on substantive or jurisdiction-specific information relating to the attorneys’ areas of expertise, so the military attorneys can further assist their servicemember clients.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Florida
- Area of law: Arts, Civil Rights, Community Development, Consumer, Criminal Appeals, Death Penalty, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Disaster and Crisis Assistance, Education, Elder Law, Employment, Environmental, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Health, HIV/AIDS, Homeless, Housing, Immigration & Naturalization, Life Planning, Nonprofit Organizations, Prisoners, Public Benefits, Taxes, Veterans, Any
- Populations Served: Military/Veterans
- Opportunities For: Lawyers
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No