Legal Help Do You Need Legal Help?
Professional Are You a Legal Aid Professional?
Attorney Are You an Attorney Who Can Help?
Pro Bono Opportunities Guide
The Public Interest Law Project *
To Volunteer, Contact:
Deborah Collins510 891 9794 ext. 156
449 15th Street, Suite 301Oakland, CA 94612
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 510 891 9794
- Fax: 510 891 9727
- Website: http://www.pilpca.org
- Email: email@example.com
Since 1996 we have provided litigation, policy advocacy, consultation and training support for local legal services programs in California with a focus on housing, public benefits, health care, redevelopment, and civil rights. We seek to maintain the capacity for local poverty law programs to engage in impact litigation and other major advocacy.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: California
- Area of law: Civil Rights, Community Development, Disaster and Crisis Assistance, Health, Homeless, Housing, Public Benefits
- Populations Served: Low Income, Working poor and unemployed
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Litigation: Appellate, Litigation: Class actions, Litigation: Impact, Litigation: Support (e.g., discovery)
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No