Legal Help Do You Need Legal Help?
Professional Are You a Legal Aid Professional?
Attorney Are You an Attorney Who Can Help?
Pro Bono Opportunities Guide
To Volunteer, Contact:
1001 FanninSte. 1300Houston, TX 77002
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: (713) 759-1133
- Fax: (713) 759-1710
- Website: http://www.hba.org/folder-services/services.htm
Offers free legal advice over the phone for Spanish speakers on the 1st Thursday of every month from 6-8pm.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Harris
- Area of law: Civil Rights, Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Disaster and Crisis Assistance, Elder Law, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Homeless, Housing, Immigration & Naturalization, Public Benefits, Taxes, Veterans, Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault, Public Utilities, Special Education
- Opportunities For: Interpreters, Law school clinic, Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Mentors/consultants, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers
- Need for non-English services: Spanish
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible, Sat: 9am to 11:30am
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice)
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No