Legal Help Do You Need Legal Help?
Professional Are You a Legal Aid Professional?
Attorney Are You an Attorney Who Can Help?
Pro Bono Opportunities Guide
Fort Bend Lawyers Care
To Volunteer, Contact:
310 Morton StreetSte. 566Richmond, TX 77469
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: (281) 239-0015
- Fax: (281) 239-8123
- Website: http://www.fortbendlawyerscare.org
- Email: email@example.com
To provide low-income Fort Bend County residents with equal access to justice through volunteer lawyers. Offers legal advice over the phone on the 1st Wednesday of each month from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm; Offers a Parenting Order Legal Clinic every 3rd Thursday of each month from 7:00pm to 8:30 pm at Missouri City YMCA
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Fort Bend
- Area of law: Arts, Civil Rights, Community Development, Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Disaster and Crisis Assistance, Elder Law, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Health, HIV/AIDS, Homeless, Housing, Immigration & Naturalization, Public Benefits, Taxes, Veterans, Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault, Foster Youth/Minors, Public Utilities, Special Education
- Populations Served: Asylum Seekers, Children, Communities of Color, Domestic Violence Victims, Elderly, General Public, HIV, Immigrants, Lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender, Low Income, Persons with Disabilities, Women, Working poor and unemployed
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers
- Need for non-English services: Spanish
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Evenings, Flexible, 1st Wed: 7am to 9pm legal line
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: Yes
- Training / Supervision Comments: FBLC holds CLE courses for our volunteer licensed attorneys for free, if they take at least 2 pro bono cases.
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- CLE pro bono comments: Included is the Ad Litem Certification CLE
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Alternative dispute resolution (ADR), Client intake and screening, Hotline staffing, Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation, Mentor volunteer lawyers or law students
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No