Legal Help Do You Need Legal Help?
Professional Are You a Legal Aid Professional?
Attorney Are You an Attorney Who Can Help?
Pro Bono Opportunities Guide
ABA/FEMA Disaster Legal Assistance Program - ABA Young Lawyers Division (Colorado and Wyoming)
To Volunteer, Contact:
This contact serves both Colorado and Wyoming. The American Bar Association's Young Lawyers Division (YLD) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) have a Memorandum of Understanding creating the Disaster Legal Assistance Program. The memorandum requires the YLD to provide pro bono disaster related legal services to low-income victims of a federally-declared disaster when asked to do so by FEMA. One means of delivering legal services is through a disaster hotline, but YLD also employs clinics and disaster resource centers as well.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Wyoming
- Area of law: Disaster and Crisis Assistance
- Populations Served: Disaster victims
- Opportunities For: Interpreters, Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: Yes
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No