Legal Help Do You Need Legal Help?
Professional Are You a Legal Aid Professional?
Attorney Are You an Attorney Who Can Help?
Pro Bono Opportunities Guide
ABA/FEMA Disaster Legal Assistance Program - ABA Young Lawyers Division (Connecticut and Rhode Island)
To Volunteer, Contact:
Elizabeth "Liz" K. Moran
1700 East Putnam AvenueSuite 206Old Greenwich, CT 06870
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: n/a
- Email: email@example.com
This contact serves both Connecticut and Rhode Island. The American Bar Association's Young Lawyers Division (YLD) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) have a Memorandum of Understanding creating the Disaster Legal Assistance Program. The memorandum requires the YLD to provide pro bono disaster related legal services to low-income victims of a federally-declared disaster when asked to do so by FEMA. One means of delivering legal services is through a disaster hotline, but YLD also employs clinics and disaster resource centers as well.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Rhode Island
- Area of law: Disaster and Crisis Assistance, Legal needs of disaster victims
- Opportunities For: Lawyers
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: Yes
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No