Legal Help Do You Need Legal Help?
Professional Are You a Legal Aid Professional?
Attorney Are You an Attorney Who Can Help?
Pro Bono Opportunities Guide
Lone Star Legal Aid
To Volunteer, Contact:
1415 Fannin Street3rd FloorHouston, TX 77002
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: (800) 733-8394
- Fax: (713) 652-3814
- Website: http://www.lonestarlegal.org
- Email: email@example.com
Provides free legal assistance in a wide-range of civil matters to eligible, low-income Texans.
LSLA has responded to multiple disasters and will have many volunteer opportunities available after a disaster ranging from giving general advice, helping with FEMA, SBA, and Flood Insurance appeals, helping with disputes and cases involving landlords, contractors, consumer issues and a myriad of cases that arise after a disaster and continue longer term. This would include such issues as probate, title issues and assistance with receiving recovery grants.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Anderson, Angelina, Austin, Bell, Bosque, Bowie, Brazoria, Brazos, Burleson, Camp, Cass, Chambers, Cherokee, Colorado, Coryell, Delta, Falls, Fayette, Fort Bend, Franklin, Freestone, Galveston, Gregg, Grimes, Hamilton, Hardin, Harris, Harrison, Henderson, Hill, Hopkins, Houston, Jasper, Jefferson, Lamar, Lampasas, Lee, Leon, Liberty, Limestone, Madison, Marion, Matagorda, McLennan, Milam, Montgomery, Morris, Nacogdoches, Navarro, Newton, Orange, Panola, Polk, Rains, Red River, Robertson, Rusk, Sabine, San Augustine, San Jacinto, Shelby, Smith, Titus, Trinity, Tyler, Upshur, Van Zandt, Walker, Waller, Washington, Wharton, Wood
- Area of law: Civil Rights, Community Development, Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Disaster and Crisis Assistance, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Homeless, Housing, Immigration & Naturalization, Public Benefits, Veterans, Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault, Special Education
- Opportunities For: Interpreters, Law school clinic, Law Students, Lawyers, Mentors, Mentors/consultants, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers
- Need for non-English services: Spanish, Vietnamese
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Alternative dispute resolution (ADR), Litigation: Appellate, Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation, Transactional work
- Other Project Types: Research
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No