Legal Help Do You Need Legal Help?
Professional Are You a Legal Aid Professional?
Attorney Are You an Attorney Who Can Help?
Pro Bono Opportunities Guide
Legal Aid Services Of Oregon
To Volunteer, Contact:
921 SW WashingtonSuite 500Portland, OR 97321
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: (503) 224-4086
- Website: http://www.lasoregon.org
Legal Aid Services of Oregon is a non-profit organization that provides representation on civil cases to low-income clients throughout Oregon. Legal Aid Services of Oregon has field offices located in Albany, Bend, Eugene, Klamath Falls, Newport, Oregon City, Pendleton, Portland, Roseburg, and Salem. Offices in Woodburn, Hillsboro and Pendleton serve farmworker clients statewide. The Native American Program provides representation on Native American issues. The Central Administrative office for the program is located in Portland.
The mission of Legal Aid Services of Oregon is to achieve justice for the low-income communities of Oregon by providing a full range of the highest quality civil legal services. With a staff of more than 80, including 46 attorneys, the program handles over 8,000 cases each year.
Attorneys interested in learning more about and finding volunteer opportunities should visit http://www.oregonadvocates.org/.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Oregon
- Area of law: Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Disaster and Crisis Assistance, Elder Law, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Health, Housing, Life Planning, Public Benefits, Taxes
- Populations Served: Domestic Violence Victims, Elderly, Farm workers, Low Income
- Opportunities For: Law Students, Lawyers, Senior Lawyers
- Need for non-English services: Spanish
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No