Legal Help Do You Need Legal Help?
Professional Are You a Legal Aid Professional?
Attorney Are You an Attorney Who Can Help?
Pro Bono Opportunities Guide
Legal Services Of New Jersey
To Volunteer, Contact:
Janet Ashley-Naouli732-572-9100 ext. 8245
100 Metroplex DriveSuite 402Edison, NJ 08817
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 732-572-9100
- Fax: 732-572-0066
- Website: http://www.probononj.org/
LSNJ is an independent not-for-profit organization, which coordinates the statewide Legal Services system. LSNJ strives to ensure equal access to justice by providing free advice, referral, consultation and representation in civil legal matters to financially eligible low income individuals and families. Our statewide pro bono panels include Divorce/Matrimonial Practice, Domestic Violence, Immigration, Bankruptcy, Consumer and Anti-Predatory Lending, Representation of Not-for-Profit Corporations, and our Statewide Legal Hotline. We provide ongoing support to pro bono attorneys including training, mentorship, and malpractice coverage.
LSNJ established a statewide hotline for Hurricane Sandy survivors: 888-222-5765. We have also created a new pro bono web site: www.probononj.org
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: New Jersey
- Area of law: Civil Rights, Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Disaster and Crisis Assistance, Education, Elder Law, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Health, Housing, Immigration & Naturalization, Life Planning, Prisoners, Public Benefits, Veterans, Wills,Trusts, Estates, Utilities, Unemployment Insurance
- Populations Served: Asylum Seekers, Children, Domestic Violence Victims, General Public, Immigrants, Low Income, Military/Veterans, Persons with Disabilities, State Residents, Women, Working poor and unemployed
- Opportunities For: Interpreters, Law Students, Lawyers, Nonlitigation Projects, Paralegals, Senior Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: Yes
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Hotline staffing, Legal Research, Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation, Mentor volunteer lawyers or law students
- Other Project Types: Participating in clinics
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No