Legal Help Do You Need Legal Help?
Professional Are You a Legal Aid Professional?
Attorney Are You an Attorney Who Can Help?
Pro Bono Opportunities Guide
Mississippi Center for Legal Services Corporation
111 East Front StreetHattiesburg, MS 39403-1728
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 601-545-2950
- Fax: 601-545-2935
- Website: https://www.mscenterforlegalservices.org/
Mississippi Center for Legal Services Corporation's mission is to provide quality legal services to the poor by effectively and aggressively representing its clients, by implementing strong and viable community education programs, and by maximizing available resources, thereby providing hope and encouragement for the economically disadvantaged and motivating and assisting our clients to become more independent and self-sufficient, and thus realize the goal of "Equal Justice Under the Law."
MCLSC is a LSC-funded organization serving the residents of Mississippi.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Adams, Amite, Claiborne, Clarke, Copiah, Covington, Forrest, Franklin, George, Greene, Hancock, Harrison, Hinds, Holmes, Jackson, Jasper, Jefferson, Jefferson Davis, Jones, Kemper, Lamar, Lauderdale, Lawrence, Leake, Lincoln, Madison, Marion, Neshoba, Newton, Noxubee, Pearl River, Perry, Pike, Rankin, Scott, Simpson, Smith, Stone, Walthall, Wayne, Wilkinson, Yazoo
- Area of law: Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Disaster and Crisis Assistance, Education, Elder Law, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Health, Housing, Life Planning, Public Benefits, Domestic Violence
- Populations Served: Low Income
- Opportunities For: Lawyers, Mentors, Senior Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Draft legal documents (e.g., briefs), Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation, Mentor volunteer lawyers or law students
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No