Legal Help Do You Need Legal Help?
Professional Are You a Legal Aid Professional?
Attorney Are You an Attorney Who Can Help?
Pro Bono Opportunities Guide
North Mississippi Rural Legal Services
5 County Road 1014Oxford, MS 38655
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: (662) 234-8731
- Fax: (662) 236-3263
- Website: http://www.nmrls.com
North Mississippi Rural Legal Services' mission statement: Through constant training, self analysis and community involvement, provide to poor people, the highest quality of legal and technical assistance, which improves the daily quality of life, while contributing to the attainment of social, economic, and political equality.
NMRLS is a LSC-funded organization serving Mississippi residents in the northern counties of Mississippi.
- County(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Alcorn, Attala, Benton, Bolivar, Calhoun, Carroll, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Clay, Coahoma, De Soto, Grenada, Humphreys, Issaquena, Itawamba, Lafayette, Lee, Leflore, Lowndes, Marshall, Monroe, Montgomery, Oktibbeha, Panola, Pontotoc, Prentiss, Quitman, Sharkey
- Area of law: Civil Rights, Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disability, Disaster and Crisis Assistance, Education, Elder Law, Employment, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure, Health, Housing, Life Planning, Public Benefits, Domestic Violence
- Populations Served: Low Income
- Opportunities For: Lawyers, Mentors, Senior Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: No
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: No
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Litigation: Trial/Direct Representation, Mentor volunteer lawyers or law students
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No