Legal Help Do You Need Legal Help?
Professional Are You a Legal Aid Professional?
Attorney Are You an Attorney Who Can Help?
Pro Bono Opportunities Guide
Hawaii State Bar Association YLD
To Volunteer, Contact:
1100 Alakea StreetSuite 1000Honolulu, HI 96813
- Map: maps.google.com
- Phone: 808-537-1868
- Fax: 808-521-7936
- Website: http://www.hsba.org/yldprojects.aspx
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Young Lawyers Division of the Hawaii State Bar Association has a variety of pro bono opportunities for attorneys:
- Law Week in Hawaii
- Legal Line Specials
- Law Week Rally
- Legal Clinics
In particular, volunteers are always needed to staff the Legal Line Wednesday nights from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. in the HSBA Office.
- State(s) of Volunteer Opportunity: Hawaii
- Area of law: Consumer, Debt/Credit/Bankruptcy, Disaster and Crisis Assistance, Elder Law, Family & Juvenile, Foreclosure
- Populations Served: Low Income
- Opportunities For: Lawyers
- Hours for Pro Bono Opportunities: Flexible
- Malpractice insurance is provided for volunteers: No
- Training Provided: Yes
- Training Required: No
- CLE credit for trainings: No
- CLE credit for pro bono: No
- Mentoring or supervision offered: Yes
- Volunteer lawyers need to meet a caseload or hours requirement: No
- Types of projects in need of Pro Bono help: Client counseling (e.g., brief advice), Hotline staffing
- Volunteers may participate long-distance: No