Legal Help Do You Need Legal Help?
Professional Are You a Legal Aid Professional?
Attorney Are You an Attorney Who Can Help?
Figuring Out FEMA: A Trauma-informed Resource for Survivors
- Organization: Pro Bono Net
- Document Type: Training materials
- Date Created: Friday, January 31, 2020
- Submitted: Friday, January 31, 2020
- Attachment(s): HTM
This is a recording from the webinar held on January 29, 2020. Please click on "HTM" above next to Attachments to play the recording.
Webinar Description: Join Pro Bono Net & the Center for Urban Pedagogy for the official launch of Figuring Out FEMA, a new pocket-sized, trauma-informed visual resource for people affected by natural disasters. Figuring Out FEMA helps natural disaster survivors apply for assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and will be available for free download nationwide. Speakers will talk about 1) legal empowerment as a tool for action and 2) equity-based design principles and strategies used to develop Figuring Out FEMA. This webinar will be recorded and shared via www.disasterlegalaid.org. All registrants will receive a link to the recording after the webinar. To download a free copy of "Figuring Out FEMA," please visit http://welcometocup.org/Projects/PublicAccessDesign/FiguringOutFEMA.
- Shrushti Kothari, Disaster Relief Unit Staff Attorney, Lone Star Legal Aid
- Katie Lam, Legal Empowerment & Technology Fellow, Pro Bono Net
- Yasmin Safdié, Director of Programs, Center for Urban Pedagogy
- Clair Beltran, Program Coordinator, Center for Urban Pedagogy
- Jeanne Ortiz Ortiz, Pro Bono & Strategic Initiatives Manager, Pro Bono Net (Moderator)
- Figuring Out FEMA (official pocket guide)
- Visualizing Disaster Legal Aid Relief with Figuring out FEMA by Katie Lam
- The Center for Urban Pedagogy and Pro Bono Net Announce "Figuring Out FEMA" - Press Release