Legal Help Do You Need Legal Help?
Professional Are You a Legal Aid Professional?
Attorney Are You an Attorney Who Can Help?
Resources for People Who Need Help
Helpful Disaster Resources
|Recovering from Disaster (from FEMA)||Spanish / Español|
|Top Ten FEMA FAQs (from FEMA)||Vietnamese / Tiếng Việt|
A secure, user-friendly web portal that consolidates information about federally funded government assistance to disaster victims, including the ability to apply for FEMA benefits directly online.
State Offices of Emergency Management
A list of the emergency management offices in all 50 states plus territories.
Disaster Distress Helpline
The Disaster Distress Helpline (DDH) is the first national hotline dedicated to providing year-round disaster crisis counseling. This toll-free, multilingual, crisis support service is available 24/7 via telephone (1-800-985-5990) and SMS (text 'TalkWithUs' to 66746) to residents in the U.S. and its territories who are experiencing emotional distress related to natural or man-made disasters.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Emergency Preparedness and Disaster Resources
- USDA Food Stamps Disaster Assistance
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance
- Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Disaster Resources
- USDA Rural Development Disaster Assistance
- IRS Disaster Tax Relief
- Identity Theft Victims Assistance Network
- US Department of Justice Disaster Fraud Task Force
To find the latest information for those impacted by active disasters, visit the Active Disaster Quick Links at the top of this page, or go directly to our Hurricane Harvey resource page.