Legal Help Do You Need Legal Help?
Professional Are You a Legal Aid Professional?
Attorney Are You an Attorney Who Can Help?
Resources for Legal Aid Professionals
Mortgage and Foreclosure Issues
NeighborWorks America & FDIC: Navigating the Road to Housing Recovery is a comprehensive guide to resources and steps to take for those affected by natural disasters.
NATIONAL LOW INCOME HOUSING COALITION
- Disaster Housing Recovery Stories- To increase the responsiveness of federal disaster housing programs, the Disaster Housing Recovery Coalition has developed an online tool for capturing the individual stories of disaster survivors. These accounts of unmet need will be collected for use with policymakers and media to illustrate the unique housing challenges low income survivors face after a disaster and to build support for solutions. They are asking legal aid, advocacy, and other organizations serving disaster survivors from the hurricanes and wildfires of 2017 to help them collect these stories by filling out the questionnaire found on this link for any client/individual with a compelling need for direct rental assistance.
- Bookmark this page for updates on disaster housing recovery.
Special information for mortgage holders impacted by the recent hurricanes
- Information from the VA for individuals with a VA loan whose homes have been impacted by a natural disaster.
- VA information on special relief available to VA loan holders affected by Hurricane Harvey.
- Guidance for FHA-approved mortgagees and servicers impacted by federally-declared disasters
- Fannie Mae Single-Family Servicing Policies for Mortgage Loans Impacted by Hurricane Harvey
- Additional 2017 hurricane response guidance from Fannie Mae
- Press release: Freddie Mac to suspend all evictions and foreclosures in Hurricane Harvey major disaster area
- Freddie Mac Servicing Guide Bulletin
- Freddie Mac Servicing Requirements related to borrowers affected by Hurricane Harvey
- CFPB statement on supervisory practices regarding financial institutions and consumers affected by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma
- Ginnie Mae guide for special programs, including disaster assistance
The Disaster Legal Aid National Advisory Group consists of experts in disaster legal response from the Legal Services Corporation, American Bar Association, legal services organizations and law schools. If you are a pro bono or legal services attorney working on a disaster-related case, the Advisory Group is here to help! Please visit the Advisory Group page for information on the group, group members and how to contact the group with inquiries.