Legal Help Do You Need Legal Help?
Professional Are You a Legal Aid Professional?
Attorney Are You an Attorney Who Can Help?
Resources for Legal Aid Professionals
LSC Program Information
- LSC Program Disaster Checklist
- MOU between LSC and The Red Cross (October 2012)
LSC and the Red Cross signed a MOU to ensure collaboration and coordination of efforts and assistance during disaster events in the United States. Updated as of October 2012.
- Program Letter 05-03- LSC Guidance on Programs' Response to Hurricane Katrina (Cover Memo for Program Letter 05-03)
- Guidelines for Applying for Disaster Relief - The Legal Services Corporation (LSC) has been able, on occasions, to obtain special funding to meet the emergency needs of programs in a disaster area. Only current LSC recipients in a federally declared disaster area are eligible to apply for such funds from the LSC, when such funds are available. Instructions were published in the Federal Registrar.
- Steps to Planning for a Disaster for Legal Aid Programs
By Legal Services National Technology Assistance Project
The Disaster Legal Aid National Advisory Group consists of experts in disaster legal response from the Legal Services Corporation, American Bar Association, legal services organizations and law schools. If you are a pro bono or legal services attorney working on a disaster-related case, the Advisory Group is here to help! Please visit the Advisory Group page for information on the group, group members and how to contact the group with inquiries.