Legal Help Do You Need Legal Help?
Professional Are You a Legal Aid Professional?
Attorney Are You an Attorney Who Can Help?
Arkansas Tornadoes Spring 2014
Tornadoes and flooding devastated areas in Arkansas state in late April 2014.
Individual and Household Assistance is available to those in Clay, Cleburne, Faulkner, Fulton, Independence, Izard, Jackson, Lawrence, Randolph, Sharp and White counties.
Key resources for those affected by the tornadoes and floods:
- Arkansas Disaster Relief Hotline: (844) 344-7904
- Free legal assistance available to storm survivors through a partnership between the Arkansas Bar Association and their Young Lawyers Section, ABA- Young Lawyers Division and FEMA. Please see the press release for more information.
- Information to assist disaster survivors has also been posted (and will be updated regularly) at the Arkansas Legal Services disaster page.
- Arkansas Severe Storms, Tornadoes and Flooding (DR-4174)
- FEMA Disaster Recovery Center Locator
- American Red Cross Shelter Locator
- Arkansas Disaster Resources and Information from the Governor's office
- Arkansas Department of Emergency Management gives further information about this disaster and state programs available.
- Arkansas State Bar Association Opportunity for Pro Bono Volunteers to Assist those with legal needs and clinic calendar
- FEMA Disaster Reporter: view pictures of the disaster either in a list view or off a zoomable street level map.
Residents and businesses affected by the April tornadoes and flooding can apply for government disaster relief benefits online at http://www.disasterassistance.gov. THE DEADLINE TO APPLY IS JUNE 28, 2014.
- If you need to appeal a FEMA denial on your own, please see here to get an interactive form to appeal and letter requesting a copy of your file.
- You can also find resources on this site under For People Who Need Help.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest on the News page.
Other helpful resources to help address legal needs resulting from this disaster: