How COVID-19 Sheds New Light on Lung Health and Smoke-Free Public Housing
- 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: Clean Air for All: The Smoke Free Housing Project
WebinarMap:n/a, United States
- Attorneys/Legal Services
- Federal Housing Programs
Clean Air for All invites you to join us for an upcoming webinar: How COVID-19 Sheds New Light on Lung Health and Smoke-Free Public Housing. We will discuss ways COVID-19 has impacted smoke-free public housing, learn about the link between smoking, secondhand smoke exposure, and COVID-19, and share resources and strategies to help PHAs manage smoke-free housing during the pandemic.
We are honored to be joined by Dr. Brian King, Deputy Director for Research Translation for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, for this discussion.
- Describe the state of the science with regard to smoking, secondhand smoke exposure and COVID-19
- Illustrate ways the COVID-19 pandemic may impact smoke-free public housing and discuss potential adaptive strategies
- Outline existing resources to help public health authorities (PHA) improve smoke-free policies
- List smoking cessation support resources for public housing authorities (PHA)
Clean Air for All: The Smoke-Free Public Housing Project is a collaboration of Live Smoke Free (LSF) a program of the Association for Nonsmokers - Minnesota and the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO). Clean Air for All is funded through the generous support of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.