Alerts & New Resources
- Disaster Recovery Reform Act of 2018 - On Oct. 5, 2018, President Trump signed the Disaster Recovery Reform Act of 2018 into law, which contains more than 50 provisions that require FEMA policy or regulation changes for full implementation, as they amend the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act.
- When Disaster Strikes: Promising Practices - Immigrants, Ethnic Minorities and Non-English Speakers by MDC
- Fall 2018 California Wildfires Helping Handbook - A Resource for Individuals, Families, and Small Businesses by Morrison & Foerster
- Building and Sustaining Disaster Response Networks: Lessons Learned from 2017
Are you an Attorney or Law Student Looking to Volunteer? Click HERE to learn about pro bono opportunities and sign up to help disaster survivors in California, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Guam, and the Northern Mariana Islands.
Monthly Training Calendar E-mails
Interested in receiving monthly training calendar e-mails? Sign up as a member and select the monthly calendar e-mail option to receive a list of curated disaster legal aid training events and other events of interest. E-mails are sent the last week of every month. Have an event you would like us to promote? E-mail details to email@example.com.
- Homelessness and Disasters: Know-Your-Rights Call, Phone, Dec 14
- Resilient & Ready: Transforming Disaster Response Through Technology and Network Building, New Orleans, Jan 9
- Always On: Assessing or Hosting Cloud Services that Can't Fail, New Orleans, Jan 10
- LSC Disaster Task Force Field Hearing: Florida, Live-Streamed on Facebook, Mar 15
- 2019 Virginia Emergency Management Symposium, Newport News, Mar 26 - Mar 29
- Inclusive Emergency Planning for People with Disabilities: Lessons Learned from Hurricane María in Puerto Rico, Newport News, Mar 28
- The "New" Individual in Disaster, Newport News, Mar 28
- Equal Justice Conference, Louisville, May 9 - May 11
- 2019 National Disaster Resilience Conference, Clearwater Beach, Nov 19 - Nov 22