Pro Bono Net and Lone Star Legal Aid officially launched this Advocacy Center in August 2018, a new feature of DisasterLegalAid.org, a national online clearinghouse dedicated to providing comprehensive and timely information on legal issues impacting communities hit by natural disasters. We aim to use this area as a means to facilitate connections between advocates working in disaster legal aid. Please feel free to reach out with your ideas and feedback!
Join us for our Disaster Legal Aid October Roundtable | Ready, Willing, & Able: Organizing the Legal Community's Response to Disasters
Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 4 pm ET | 3 pm CT | 1 pm PT | 2 pm MT | 10 am HST
Hurricane Florence Pro Bono Attorneys Needed
Are you an attorney looking to help those affected by Hurricane Florence? Click here to learn about how you can help and for a sign-up form.
The 2018 National Celebration of Pro Bono is October 21-27, 2018. The ABA Standing Committee on Pro Bono and Public Service is proud to join with ABA President Elect Bob Carlson to encourage you to plan and participate in events focused on disaster resiliency as part of the 2018 National Celebration of Pro Bono.
September is National Disaster Preparedness month, which is the perfect lead up to the 2018 National Celebration of Pro Bono. We are asking you to do your part to assist with disaster resiliency efforts by offering pro bono assistance to survivors or evacuees of disasters or by helping your community to prepare for a disaster.
Visit the National Celebration of Pro Bono website for planning resources and ideas, to purchase items for your event, or simply to learn more! Contact the ABA’s Center for Pro Bono to help facilitate your planning.
- Working Group Meeting on Housing Recovery: Puerto Rico, Oct 16
- 2018 10th Annual National Celebration of Pro Bono, Oct 21 - Oct 27
- Tee UP 2018 (United Policyholders), Oct 22
- Working Group Meeting on Disaster Housing Recovery: Homelessness, Oct 22
- Disaster Legal Aid 2018 Roundtable Series | Ready, Willing, & Able: Organizing the Legal Community's Response to Disasters, Oct 24
- North Carolina Affordable Housing Conference: Disaster Recovery and Resources, Oct 25
- The Consumer Rights Litigation Conference: Brownbag Lunch - Disaster Roundtable, Oct 26
- The Consumer Rights Litigation Conference: Representing Homeowners after a Natural Disaster, Oct 26
- A Practical Guide to Disaster Recovery for Lawyers, Nov 1
- IT Disaster Planning 101: An Assessment of Vulnerability, Nov 13
- Save the Date: Disaster Legal Aid 2018 Roundtable Series, Nov 29