Alerts & New Resources
- Upcoming Webinar: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 at 2:00 pm ET / 1:00 pm CT Guidance on New FEMA Appeals Process and Arbitration Rules by Baker Donelson
- June 2019 - Duplication of Benefits Webinar Recording by HUD
- May 2019
- Equal Justice Works releases a series of training videos for legal aid professionals who are helping clients navigate disaster-related legal matters.
- In March, LSC's Disaster Task Force convened in Miami for its second field hearing. The task force consists of more than 60 members working to incorporate legal aid into disaster response and recovery. Watch the videos from the hearing here.
- April 2019 - The Disaster Recovery Reform Act of 2018: What Legal Aid Providers Should Know
- March 2019- Individual Assistance Program and Policy Guide (IAPPG)
- The Storm after the Storm, issued by Disability Rights North Carolina, shows how public officials must do more to include the voices of people with disabilities and disability rights advocates as they plan for future emergencies and ensure their safety.
- Guidance on New FEMA Appeals Process and Arbitration Rules, Webinar, Aug 20
- More Than Just Disasters: How Natural Hazards Exacerbate Racial, Gender, and Wealth Inequalities, Webinar, Aug 21
- Disaster Recovery (Statewide Affordable Housing Conference), Orlando, Aug 26
- Recovery After Disasters & Individuals with Disabilities - What We Know and What We Do Not, San Francisco, Sep 9
- Recommendations from the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Office of Civil Rights and Civil Liberties (CRCL) to Offices of Emergency Management after the Disasters of 2017, San Francisco, Sep 10
- Environmental, Energy, and Resources Law Fall Conference | A Foreseeable Future: Planning in an Era of a Changing Climate, Boston, Sep 12
- PBN/LSNTAP Community Training Series - Partnering for Progress: Developing Successful Legal Aid - Private Sector Tech Collaborations, Webinar, Oct 2
- 2019 Statewide Annual Legal Aid Conference, Harrisonburg, Oct 16 - Oct 18
- PBN/LSNTAP Community Training Series - Technology Strategies to Build and Mobilize Pro Bono Networks, Webinar, Oct 16
- Technology Strategies to Build and Mobilize Pro Bono Networks (Webinar), Online Webinar, Oct 16
- View more
- July 2019 - Disaster Response Attorney, Legal Services of North Florida- Legal Services of North Florida is hiring a Disaster Response Attorney to provide legal assistance to survivors of Hurricane Michael.
Monthly Training Calendar E-mails
Interested in receiving monthly training calendar e-mails? Sign up as a member and select the monthly calendar e-mail option to receive a list of curated disaster legal aid training events and other events of interest. E-mails are sent the last week of every month.
Did you know you that as a member you can submit your own events to the National Disaster Legal Aid Calendar? Log in to your account --> click on Events --> Add an Event --> Enter the event's details --> Click Send. Once we receive it, we will review it and add it to the national calendar. It's that easy! For questions, e-mail email@example.com.