Alerts & New Resources
- September 2019 - LSC's Disaster Task Force announces the release of its report.
- PRO BONO ATTORNEYS NEEDED TO HELP IN TX, FL, & NC - Sign up below to learn more.
- NEW (July & August 2019)
- Guidance on New FEMA Appeals Process and Arbitration Rules by Baker Donelson | Recording here.
- Disasters in Rural California: The Impact on Access to Justice by the California Commission on Access to Justice
- June 2019 - Duplication of Benefits Webinar Recording by HUD
- May 2019
- Equal Justice Works releases a series of training videos for legal aid professionals who are helping clients navigate disaster-related legal matters.
- In March, LSC's Disaster Task Force convened in Miami for its second field hearing. The task force consists of more than 60 members working to incorporate legal aid into disaster response and recovery. Watch the videos from the hearing here.
- April 2019 - The Disaster Recovery Reform Act of 2018: What Legal Aid Providers Should Know
- March 2019- Individual Assistance Program and Policy Guide (IAPPG)
- PBN/LSNTAP Community Training Series - Partnering for Progress: Developing Successful Legal Aid - Private Sector Tech Collaborations, Webinar, Oct 2
- 2019 Statewide Annual Legal Aid Conference, Harrisonburg, Oct 16 - Oct 18
- PBN/LSNTAP Community Training Series - Technology Strategies to Build and Mobilize Pro Bono Networks, Webinar, Oct 16
- Technology Strategies to Build and Mobilize Pro Bono Networks (Webinar), Online Webinar, Oct 16
- Webinar: Technology Strategies to Build and Mobilize Pro Bono Networks, Webinar, Oct 19
- The Lightning-Round Plenary: Issues Impacting Reverse Mortgage Homeowners After a Disaster, Arlington, Nov 1
- Annual NLADA Conference, Detroit, Nov 6 - Nov 09
- PBN/LSNTAP Community Training Series - Building a Rights-Based Approach to User Data Privacy and Security, Webinar, Nov 13
- 2019 Mid-Atlantic Americans with Disabilities Act Update Conference, Philadelphia, Nov 14 - Nov 15
- 2019 National Disaster Resilience Conference, Clearwater Beach, Nov 19 - Nov 22
- View more
You put in the hours to become a legal expert. Can communities affected by natural disasters count on your skills? Visit www.disasterlegalaid.org/get-started to learn more.
Monthly Training Calendar E-mails
Interested in receiving monthly training calendar e-mails? Sign up as a member and select the monthly calendar e-mail option to receive a list of curated disaster legal aid training events and other events of interest. E-mails are sent the last week of every month.
Did you know you that as a member you can submit your own events to the National Disaster Legal Aid Calendar? Log in to your account --> click on Events --> Add an Event --> Enter the event's details --> Click Send. Once we receive it, we will review it and add it to the national calendar. It's that easy! For questions, e-mail email@example.com.