- COVID-19 Legal Response: For advocates interested in sharing information, resources and strategies, please visit our COVID-19 Legal Response page.
- Amid COVID-19, ABA and Paladin launch disaster relief pro bono portal to provide free legal services
- Figuring Out FEMA: A Trauma-informed Resource for Disaster Survivors - Download your free copy of Figuring Out FEMA, a new pocket-sized, trauma-informed visual resource for people affected by natural disasters.
- Touro Law Review publishes its Disaster Relief Symposium Issue.
- Individual Assistance Program and Policy Guide (IAPPG)
- Cleaning for Health: Proactive Plans to Effectively Clean and Promote Healthy IAQ in Schools, n/a, Aug 6
- Create Messaging That Sticks and Helps Inspire Action, n/a, Aug 6
- Economic Systems after COVID-19, n/a, Aug 6
- Moving Pieces: The Impact of the Pandemic on Transportation, n/a, Aug 6
- Webinar for Tribal Partners on the Individual Assistance Program and Policy Guide (IAPPG), n/a, Aug 6
- COVID-19: Accommodating Law Students with Disabilities in Virtual Learning, n/a, Aug 7
- COVID-19: Virtual Classrooms and Institutional Barriers, n/a, Aug 7
- Implementing Scenario Plans: What Supports will Districts and Schools Require?, n/a, Aug 7
- Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Mobility Demonstration, n/a, Aug 11
- How COVID-19 Sheds New Light on Lung Health and Smoke-Free Public Housing, n/a, Aug 12
- (SPANISH) Preparación en la Temporada de Huracanes para Manejadores de Emergencia, n/a, Aug 13
- Preparación en la Temporada de Huracanes para Manejadores de Emergencia (Espanol), n/a, Aug 13
- Representing Individuals in DACA Renewal Cases In Light of the SCOTUS Decision and Covid-19, Los Angeles, Aug 13
- What Schools Need to Know: Practices and Principles for Healthy IAQ and Reducing the Spread of Viruses, n/a, Aug 13
- Climate Migration and Displaced People, n/a, Aug 17
- View more
You put in the hours to become a legal expert. Can communities affected by natural disasters count on your skills? Visit www.disasterlegalaid.org/get-started to learn more.
New Remote Legal Support Guide
Pro Bono Net, the Immigration Advocates Network, and partners release the Remote Legal Support Guide: A Best Practices Manual for Nonprofit and Pro Bono Innovation
The Remote Legal Support Guide: A Best Practices Manual for Nonprofit and Pro Bono Innovation is a collaborative text by over 10 organizations that pools expert resources and experience and explores different ways to leverage technology and share strategies that increase rural and underserved communities' access to justice. The Guide and more background on this initiative is available here. We hope this resource is helpful for any programs considering shifting to remote support to help keep staff, clients and communities healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic.