Alerts & New Resources (2019)
- November - The National Low Income Housing Coalition, in partnership with the Fair Share Housing Center, released Fixing America's Broken Disaster Housing Recovery System Part One: Barriers to a Complete and Equitable Recovery.
- October - The National Center on Law & Elder Rights released its updated Practice Tip that summarizes the manuals and trainings available from programs assisting older adults after a disaster.
- September - LSC's Disaster Task Force announces the release of its report.
- Florida Disaster Assistance Manual for Legal Services Advocates
Florida Bar Foundation, rev. August 2019 by Florida Legal Services, Inc.
- Equal Justice Works releases a series of training videos for legal aid professionals who are helping clients navigate disaster-related legal matters.
- The Disaster Recovery Reform Act of 2018: What Legal Aid Providers Should Know
- Individual Assistance Program and Policy Guide (IAPPG)
- 2019 Mid-Atlantic Americans with Disabilities Act Update Conference, Philadelphia, Nov 14 - Nov 15
- Disaster Legal Services Bootcamp: Helping North Carolinians with Unmet Legal Needs after a Disaster, Raleigh, Nov 15
- 2019 National Disaster Resilience Conference, Clearwater Beach, Nov 19 - Nov 22
You put in the hours to become a legal expert. Can communities affected by natural disasters count on your skills? Visit www.disasterlegalaid.org/get-started to learn more.
Monthly Training Calendar E-mails
Interested in receiving monthly training calendar e-mails? Sign up as a member and select the monthly calendar e-mail option to receive a list of curated disaster legal aid training events and other events of interest. E-mails are sent the last week of every month.
Did you know you that as a member you can submit your own events to the National Disaster Legal Aid Calendar? Log in to your account --> click on Events --> Add an Event --> Enter the event's details --> Click Send. Once we receive it, we will review it and add it to the national calendar. It's that easy! For questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.