Pro Bono Net and Lone Star Legal Aid officially launched this Advocacy Center in August 2018, a new feature of DisasterLegalAid.org. We aim to use this area as a means to facilitate connections between advocates working in disaster legal aid. Please feel free to reach out with your ideas and feedback.
- DisasterLegalAid.org - Building and Sustaining Disaster Response Networks: Lessons Learned from 2017 | ABA releases new ethics guidance on dealing with disasters | An Analysis of Case Law Arising from Emergency Preparedness and Response Activities in the United States
- Advocacy Center Library - Disaster Legal Aid October Roundtable | Ready, Willing, & Able: Organizing the Legal Community's Response to Disasters
Are you an Attorney or Law Student Looking to Volunteer? Click HERE to learn about pro bono opportunities and sign up to help disaster survivors in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Guam, and the Northern Mariana Islands.
Join us for our Disaster Legal Aid November Roundtable on Disability Rights
Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 4 pm ET | 3 pm CT | 1 pm PT | 2 pm MT | 10 am HST
Monthly Training Calendar E-mails
Interested in receiving monthly training calendar e-mails? Sign up as a member and select the monthly calendar e-mail option to receive a list of curated disaster legal aid training events and other events of interest. E-mails are sent the last week of every month. Have an event you would like us to promote? E-mail details to email@example.com.
- Working Groups on Disaster Housing Recovery Meeting: Puerto Rico, Conference Call, Nov 20
- E-Forum "One Link, One Bridge, Many Voices", Conference Call, Nov 28
- Disaster Legal Aid 2018 Roundtable Series | Disability Rights, Webinar, Nov 29
- Disaster Preparedness, Wellesley, Nov 29
- Seminar: Disaster Impacts on Legal Professionals, Santa Rosa, Nov 30
- Small Business Disaster Recovery & Resiliency Workshop, Fayetteville, Nov 30
- 5th Poverty Solutions Summit, Miami, Dec 1
- LSC Disaster Task Force Field Hearing: Texas, Live-Streamed on Facebook, Dec 4
- The Natural Disasters That Have Shaped Our Science and Our Culture, Online, Dec 6
- The 2nd Annual Technology and Justice for All CLE: Disaster Proofing Your Office, Austin, Dec 7
- LSC Disaster Task Force Field Hearing: Florida, Live-Streamed on Facebook, Mar 15