Alerts & New Resources
- Sign on: Credit Reporting Relief for Natural Disasters - The National Consumer Law Center is planning to send this letter to the credit bureaus asking for credit reporting relief for consumers affected by natural disasters. If you would like to sign, please click here. Sign ons are due by COB Thursday, January 17, 2019.
- Resilient & Ready: Transforming Disaster Response Through Technology and Network Building
- Disaster Recovery Reform Act of 2018 - On Oct. 5, 2018, President Trump signed the Disaster Recovery Reform Act of 2018 into law, which contains more than 50 provisions that require FEMA policy or regulation changes for full implementation, as they amend the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act.
- When Disaster Strikes: Promising Practices - Immigrants, Ethnic Minorities and Non-English Speakers by MDC
- Fall 2018 California Wildfires Helping Handbook - A Resource for Individuals, Families, and Small Businesses by Morrison & Foerster
Are you an Attorney or Law Student Looking to Volunteer? Click HERE to learn about pro bono opportunities and sign up to help disaster survivors in California, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Guam, and the Northern Mariana Islands.
Monthly Training Calendar E-mails
Interested in receiving monthly training calendar e-mails? Sign up as a member and select the monthly calendar e-mail option to receive a list of curated disaster legal aid training events and other events of interest. E-mails are sent the last week of every month. Have an event you would like us to promote? E-mail details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer Lawyers Needed in the North Pacific, Remote, Jan 1 - Jan 31
- Sign on: Credit Reporting Relief for Natural Disasters, Online, Jan 17
- Together, We're Better: How Nonprofits are Helping Rebuild from Hurricanes Irma and María, San Juan, Jan 22
- Southeast & Caribbean Disaster Recovery Workshop 2019, Savannah, Jan 23 - Jan 24
- Free Disaster Recovery Resource Fair, Panama City, Jan 26
- 2019 California Pro Bono Conference - Next Steps: Pro Bono Disaster Response, Los Angeles, Jan 29
- Resilient Communities: Environmental Justice in the Face of Disaster, Durham, Feb 8 - Feb 09
- LSC Disaster Task Force Field Hearing: Florida, Live-Streamed on Facebook, Mar 15
- 2019 Virginia Emergency Management Symposium, Newport News, Mar 26 - Mar 29
- NLIHC’s 2019 Housing Policy Forum: Seizing the Moment for Bold Solutions, Washington, Mar 27 - Mar 29
- Inclusive Emergency Planning for People with Disabilities: Lessons Learned from Hurricane María in Puerto Rico, Newport News, Mar 28
- The "New" Individual in Disaster, Newport News, Mar 28
- 2019 Mid Coast Hurricane & Disaster Conference, Victoria, Apr 11
- National VOAD Conference, Nashville, May 6 - May 09
- Equal Justice Conference, Louisville, May 9 - May 11
- 2019 National Disaster Resilience Conference, Clearwater Beach, Nov 19 - Nov 22