Alerts & New Resources
- April 2019 - The Disaster Recovery Reform Act of 2018: What Legal Aid Providers Should Know
- SURVEY - Legal Services of North Florida is conducting a short survey on the most pressing legal needs of disaster survivors. Click HERE to complete.
- March 2019- Individual Assistance Program and Policy Guide (IAPPG)
- Learn to Interpret Legal Terms in up to Five Languages by the Pro Bono Training Institute
- The Storm after the Storm, issued by Disability Rights North Carolina, shows how public officials must do more to include the voices of people with disabilities and disability rights advocates as they plan for future emergencies and ensure their safety.
- April 2019 - Pepperdine University School of Law is seeking a Disaster Recovery Clinic: Supervising Attorney and Adjunct Professor.
- March 2019 - The National Low Income Housing Coalition is seeking a Housing Policy Analyst. Location: Washington, D.C. Full details HERE.
- March 2019 (position open until filled) - Equal Justice Works is looking for a Senior Program Manager that will oversee the implementation and management of their current Disaster Recovery Legal Corps. Location: Washington, D.C. Full details HERE.
Monthly Training Calendar E-mails
Interested in receiving monthly training calendar e-mails? Sign up as a member and select the monthly calendar e-mail option to receive a list of curated disaster legal aid training events and other events of interest. E-mails are sent the last week of every month. Have an event you would like us to promote? E-mail details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Florida Disaster Umbrella Group Call, Call, Apr 22
- 2019 New Jersey Emergency Preparedness Conference, Atlantic City, Apr 29 - May 03
- Unnatural Disaster: Assessing the Jones Act’s Impact on Puerto Rico, In-Person and Online, Apr 30
- FEMA Individual Assistance--Lessons from Hurricane María, Atlantic City, May 3
- National VOAD Conference, Nashville, May 6 - May 09
- Beyond Band Aids: How to Manage Pro Bono Catastrophes, Louisville, May 9 - May 11
- Disaster Legal Tech: How Remote Services Technology and Other Online Resources Can Help Disaster Survivors, Louisville, May 9 - May 11
- Equal Justice Conference, Louisville, May 9 - May 11
- Resilient + Ready: Collaboration Strategies to Strengthen Disaster Response, Louisville, May 9 - May 11
- Top Ten Best State Laws & Policies for Pro Bono, Louisville, May 9 - May 11
- Access & Functional Needs Workshop - Community Planning for Disasters, Ukiah, May 15
- Florida Disaster Umbrella Group Call, Call, May 27
- 2019 Pathways to Justice Conference, San Francisco, Jun 4 - Jun 05
- 2019 New Jersey Sustainability Summit, Holmdel, Jun 14
- 2019 National Disaster Resilience Conference, Clearwater Beach, Nov 19 - Nov 22