Alerts & New Resources
- May 2019 - Equal Justice Works releases a series of training videos for legal aid professionals who are helping clients navigate disaster-related legal matters.
- May 2019 - In March, LSC's Disaster Task Force convened in Miami for its second field hearing. The task force consists of more than 60 members working to incorporate legal aid into disaster response and recovery. Watch the videos from the hearing here.
- April 2019 - The Disaster Recovery Reform Act of 2018: What Legal Aid Providers Should Know
- SURVEY - Legal Services of North Florida is conducting a short survey on the most pressing legal needs of disaster survivors. Click HERE to complete.
- March 2019- Individual Assistance Program and Policy Guide (IAPPG)
- The Storm after the Storm, issued by Disability Rights North Carolina, shows how public officials must do more to include the voices of people with disabilities and disability rights advocates as they plan for future emergencies and ensure their safety.
- Consumer Protection Issues During States of Emergency, Webinar, Jun 27
- Elder Financial Exploitation (Webcast), Online Webcast, Jun 27
- PBN/LSNTAP Community Training Series - Partnering for Progress: Developing Successful Legal Aid - Private Sector Tech Collaborations, Webinar, Oct 2
- 2019 Statewide Annual Legal Aid Conference, Harrisonburg, Oct 16 - Oct 18
- PBN/LSNTAP Community Training Series - Technology Strategies to Build and Mobilize Pro Bono Networks, Webinar, Oct 16
- Webinar: Technology Strategies to Build and Mobilize Pro Bono Networks, Webinar, Oct 19
- Annual NLADA Conference, Detroit, Nov 6 - Nov 09
- PBN/LSNTAP Community Training Series - Building a Rights-Based Approach to User Data Privacy and Security, Webinar, Nov 13
- 2019 Mid-Atlantic Americans with Disabilities Act Update Conference, Philadelphia, Nov 14 - Nov 15
- 2019 National Disaster Resilience Conference, Clearwater Beach, Nov 19 - Nov 22
- View more
- March 2019 - The National Low Income Housing Coalition is seeking a Housing Policy Analyst. Location: Washington, D.C. Full details HERE.
- March 2019 (position open until filled) - Equal Justice Works is looking for a Senior Program Manager that will oversee the implementation and management of their current Disaster Recovery Legal Corps. Location: Washington, D.C. Full details HERE.
Monthly Training Calendar E-mails
Interested in receiving monthly training calendar e-mails? Sign up as a member and select the monthly calendar e-mail option to receive a list of curated disaster legal aid training events and other events of interest. E-mails are sent the last week of every month.
Did you know you that as a member you can submit your own events to the National Disaster Legal Aid Calendar? Log in to your account --> click on Events --> Add an Event --> Enter the event's details --> Click Send. Once we receive it, we will review it and add it to the national calendar. It's that easy! For questions, e-mail email@example.com.