Alerts & New Resources
- Please join us on Wednesday, April 10, 2019 at 2 pm ET for The Disaster Recovery Reform Act of 2018: What Legal Aid Providers Should Know, co-hosted by Pro Bono Net and Lone Star Legal Aid.
- March 2019- Individual Assistance Program and Policy Guide (IAPPG)
- Learn to Interpret Legal Terms in up to Five Languages by the Pro Bono Training Institute
- The Storm after the Storm, issued by Disability Rights North Carolina, shows how public officials must do more to include the voices of people with disabilities and disability rights advocates as they plan for future emergencies and ensure their safety.
- March 2019 - The National Low Income Housing Coalition is seeking a Housing Policy Analyst. Location: Washington, D.C. Full details HERE.
- March 2019 (position open until filled) - Equal Justice Works is looking for a Senior Program Manager that will oversee the implementation and management of their current Disaster Recovery Legal Corps. Location: Washington, D.C. Full details HERE.
Monthly Training Calendar E-mails
Interested in receiving monthly training calendar e-mails? Sign up as a member and select the monthly calendar e-mail option to receive a list of curated disaster legal aid training events and other events of interest. E-mails are sent the last week of every month. Have an event you would like us to promote? E-mail details to email@example.com.
- Florida Disaster Umbrella Group Call, Call, Mar 25
- 2019 Virginia Emergency Management Symposium, Newport News, Mar 26 - Mar 29
- NLIHC’s 2019 Housing Policy Forum: Seizing the Moment for Bold Solutions, Washington, Mar 27 - Mar 29
- Inclusive Emergency Planning for People with Disabilities: Lessons Learned from Hurricane María in Puerto Rico, Newport News, Mar 28
- The "New" Individual in Disaster, Newport News, Mar 28
- Disaster Preparedness and Recovery Counseling, Atlanta, Apr 4 - Apr 06
- The Disaster Recovery Reform Act of 2018: What Legal Aid Providers Should Know, Online, Apr 10
- 2019 Mid Coast Hurricane & Disaster Conference, Victoria, Apr 11
- We All Want Disability Inclusion in Emergency Management, Webinar, Apr 11
- Florida Disaster Umbrella Group Call, Call, Apr 22
- 2019 New Jersey Emergency Preparedness Conference, Atlantic City, Apr 29 - May 03
- FEMA Individual Assistance--Lessons from Hurricane María, Atlantic City, May 3
- National VOAD Conference, Nashville, May 6 - May 09
- Equal Justice Conference, Louisville, May 9 - May 11
- Access & Functional Needs Workshop - Community Planning for Disasters, Ukiah, May 15
- Florida Disaster Umbrella Group Call, Call, May 27
- 2019 New Jersey Sustainability Summit, Holmdel, Jun 14
- 2019 National Disaster Resilience Conference, Clearwater Beach, Nov 19 - Nov 22