- COVID-19 Legal Response: For advocates interested in sharing information, resources and strategies, please visit our COVID-19 Legal Response page.
- 2020 Tennessee Tornado | Legal Community Responds to Tornado Devastation - The Tennessee legal community is already responding to the devastation brought about by the tornadoes that swept through Middle Tennessee on March 3, 2020. Watch for more information here in coming days on what is being done and how you can help.
- Figuring Out FEMA: A Trauma-informed Resource for Disaster Survivors - Download your free copy of Figuring Out FEMA, a new pocket-sized, trauma-informed visual resource for people affected by natural disasters.
- Touro Law Review publishes its Disaster Relief Symposium Issue.
- Individual Assistance Program and Policy Guide (IAPPG)
- Dealing with Coronavirus Disruption: Managing the Mindset of Yourself, Team, and Clients During a Crisis, Online, Apr 1
- Good News About Insurance Coverage for COVID-19, Online, Apr 1
- Know to Get Started and Client Communications and Management, Remote Systems and Virtual Meetings with Clients [CC], Other, Apr 1
- Impact of Coronavirus: Recalcitrant Lenders May Exploit “MAC” Clauses to Avoid Commitments, Online, Apr 2
- Remote Legal Support: Learn from the Experts, Online, Apr 2
- Remote Work & Remote Legal Service Webinar, Online, Apr 2
- Remote Representation for DV Clients: Privacy & the Covid Pandemic, Webinar, Apr 3
- Staying Mentally Safe, Sound and Sober During COVID-19 [CC], Other, Apr 6
- Housing and Worker Justice During COVID-19, Online, Apr 7
- Declared Emergencies: The Changing Legal Landscape During Disasters [CC], Online, Apr 13
- Justice During a Pandemic: Legal Empowerment Approaches During the COVID-19 Crisis, Online, Apr 14
- Equal Justice Conference 2020 (Postponed), Atlanta, May 6 - May 09
- National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD) Conference 2020, Phoenix, May 18 - May 21
You put in the hours to become a legal expert. Can communities affected by natural disasters count on your skills? Visit www.disasterlegalaid.org/get-started to learn more.
New Remote Legal Support Guide
Pro Bono Net, the Immigration Advocates Network, and partners release the Remote Legal Support Guide: A Best Practices Manual for Nonprofit and Pro Bono Innovation
The Remote Legal Support Guide: A Best Practices Manual for Nonprofit and Pro Bono Innovation is a collaborative text by over 10 organizations that pools expert resources and experience and explores different ways to leverage technology and share strategies that increase rural and underserved communities' access to justice. The Guide and more background on this initiative is available here. We hope this resource is helpful for any programs considering shifting to remote support to help keep staff, clients and communities healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic.