- JANUARY 29, 2020: Webinar - Figuring Out FEMA: A Trauma-informed Resource for Disaster Survivors | Join Pro Bono Net & the Center for Urban Pedagogy for the official launch of Figuring Out FEMA, a new pocket-sized, trauma-informed visual resource for people affected by natural disasters.
- FEBRUARY 21, 2020: Register now for the Disaster Response Symposium at Pepperdine Caruso Law in Malibu, California. This event is co-sponsored by the Pepperdine Caruso School of Law, the ABA Standing Committee on Disaster Response and Preparedness, and the ABA Young Lawyers Division Disaster Legal Services Program.
- MARCH 26-27, 2020: Register for the Florida Disaster Collaboration Conference in Orlando, Florida. This event is organized by Legal Services of North Florida.
- The National Low Income Housing Coalition released a report on the long-term recovery of rental housing after Superstorm Sandy in New Jersey.
- Touro Law Review publishes its Disaster Relief Symposium Issue.
- The National Low Income Housing Coalition, in partnership with the Fair Share Housing Center, released Fixing America's Broken Disaster Housing Recovery System Part One: Barriers to a Complete and Equitable Recovery.
- Equal Justice Works releases a series of training videos for legal aid professionals who are helping clients navigate disaster-related legal matters.
- The Disaster Recovery Reform Act of 2018: What Legal Aid Providers Should Know
- Individual Assistance Program and Policy Guide (IAPPG)
- 2020 California Pro Bono Conference, Oakland, Jan 23
- Figuring Out FEMA: A Trauma-informed Resource for Disaster Survivors, Online, Jan 29
- Disaster Response Symposium at Pepperdine Caruso Law, Malibu, Feb 21
- Florida Disaster Collaboration Conference, Orlando, Mar 26 - Mar 27
You put in the hours to become a legal expert. Can communities affected by natural disasters count on your skills? Visit www.disasterlegalaid.org/get-started to learn more.
Monthly Training Calendar E-mails
Interested in receiving monthly training calendar e-mails? Sign up as a member and select the monthly calendar e-mail option to receive a list of curated disaster legal aid training events and other events of interest. E-mails are sent the last week of every month.
Did you know you that as a member you can submit your own events to the National Disaster Legal Aid Calendar? Log in to your account --> click on Events --> Add an Event --> Enter the event's details --> Click Send. Once we receive it, we will review it and add it to the national calendar. It's that easy! For questions, e-mail email@example.com.